What is a Bubble Tube?
Bubble tubes are a key piece of sensory equipment that plays a vital role in sensory development and feature in a wide number of sensory rooms or environments and there are many sensory benefits of a bubble tube. Bubble tubes create constantly moving color changing bubbles which can both sooth ad catch the eye. We have a range of controllers – these are our iRiS Talkers.
Bubble tubes have a special ability to be both attention-grabbing and mesmerizing, but also calming and soothing. Sufferers of a variety of sensory disorders can benefit from a bubble tube as they are a great way to encourage visual development and communication skills.
How Do Bubble Tubes Work?
Water is pumped around a tube while a light at the bottom is constantly changing color. Air is blown into the tube making bubbles shimmers and flicker. This results in a calming effect which also draws the attention of the user. This effect helps promote visual stimulation and encourages touch through faint vibration.
The Sensory Benefits of Bubble Tubes
At Experia, we have built up a lot of knowledge and information when it comes to our range of sensory products and providing the right solutions. Alongside this, we work with occupational therapists who help us get a better understanding of sensory needs and what works for which conditions. Occupational therapist, Jess Brown lists the sensory benefits of bubble tubes:
- Help you to engage and interact with the audience you're working with
- Are diverse enough to be used in almost any environment with any user
- Provide visual effects to help calm and relax, or engage and motivate
- Have the ability to encourage interaction, attention, visual development and communication skills
- Are interactive and can encourage learning, such as color recognition, cause and effect, story-telling and development of choice
At Experia, we are experts when it comes to bubble tubes. We have built up a great knowledge base on how to create a sensory environment for a range of needs and conditions. If you need more information about the sensory benefits of bubble tubes then please get in touch with us today.