Bigger is better, right? Well, not always. Looking for lightweight or mobile sensory equipment or sensory tools? Aromatherapy, bubble tubes, vibrating cushions, and other sensory items can be used for smaller areas, when moving from client to client, or when travelling with a child who has specific sensory needs. They're also perfect for setting up a small office sensory corner.
You could set up a small sensory space in a closet or you may just be considering a quiet area to relax. You can also use lightweight equipment if you work in a school or nursing facility and need to provide mini sensory sessions and want to move your equipment from room to room, or likewise for your next family vacation. By investing in key pieces of mobile sensory equipment, you can essentially create your own portable sensory room, and reap the benefits of a full sensory room wherever you go! Whatever your portable sensory needs, here are our top 6 picks for choosing the very best pieces of portable sensory equipment;
- Mini LED Bubble Tube: One of our favorite small bubble tubes, the Mini, is just the right size to both stay put and move. Bubble tubes provide a mesmerizing effect and encourage visual tracking. They are often the go-to piece when only one piece of equipment is purchased, and with all the sensory benefits they provide, it's easy to see why. Use them in a darkened room for a soothing and calming effect. They can be placed center or in a corner to entice even your most withdrawn individual.
- Perfect Petzzz: The perfect cuddle companion without the work of a real pet, Perfect Petzzz boast 100% synthetic fur plus a realistic breathing feature. Provide all the relaxation and stress-relieving benefits of a real therapy animal with this neat toy; particularly perfect for those with sensory processing disorder.
- Sensory Switches: Low Profile Switches are easy to transport and work with our Calming LED Lightsource. Switches encourage a cause and effect response with the individual instigating the effect. Use a sensory switch to turn a Calming LED Lightsource on and off, altering the look of a sensory room. Their low profiles make them easy for anyone to use!
- Sensory Backpack: Why purchase only one piece of sensory equipment when you receive an entire sensory room in our sensory backpack? If you don’t want to do the planning and prefer to focus on treating, then the sensory backpack is your go-to solution for providing a full sensory room experience, chock full of the sensory tools you can use with just about any client from toddler age to senior.
- Vibrating Sensory Cushions: Another fantastic piece of portable sensory equipment, vibrating sensory cushions provide the user with a gentle vibrating sensation which both calms and soothes. These cushions also have the option of inserting a weighted, heated or cold pack, to provide further benefits for sensory seekers.
- Aroma Starter Kit: It’s the unseen benefit of a sensory room- the aroma. Using a diffuser and essential oils to calm and engage is nothing new, but it is incredibly effective. With 8 different oils for alerting, calming, engaging, and soothing, you can create the desired effect for any of your clients with this handy portable aroma starter kit.
Looking for extra ideas for portable sensory tools? Check out our blog for more sensory solutions on the go, as well as a bunch of other sensory resources. If you need any further assistance setting up either a permanent sensory room or a portable sensory experience, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the team of experts at Experia USA and we'll gladly assist you!